Who Dunnit pinball machine with a 1940s style and murder mystery theme. The playfield features up to five different murder mysteries by revealing clues by sending the ball to an elevator, phone, or slot machine. The machine accepts up to four players, and features 4-ball play.
The aim of the game is to solve 5 murder mysteries by interrogating suspects and finding evidence before heading to the Roof in the game to catch the killer. There can be a maximum of 4 balls in play at any time, and can support up to 4 players. There are five “balls”, but once they are all exhausted, the player can have an extra 3 “balls” by inserting a credit. If the player gets their initials on the high scores list, they may be awarded 1 free go (or 2 free goes if they manage to get enough points to become Grand Champion).
There are 4 suspects and 1 victim during a case, the suspects names are mainly Tony, Victoria, Butler (previously known as Walther), Bruno (previously known as Tex) and Trixie. If the player chooses the wrong suspect, they will say “Sorry, I have an alibi,” following by a 20, 30 or 40 million “Suspect Eliminated” bonus. A hint on finding the killer is that all suspects will talk about the killer unless they ARE the killer.
Occasionally, “mystery slots” will appear on the screen. The slots will then stop on images not unlike an ordinary slots machine. Depending on what combinaion the player gets, they will then receive a varying amount of points. The combinations are:
- Random images on all three slots = 5 000 000
- Two of one image (except for any Wild Choice or Wild Image) = Second Chance
- Three fingerprints = Any clue (Bullet, Broken Mirror, etc.) – 20 000 000
- Three “JACKPOT” images = Jackpot (normally 75 000 000, can vary)
- Three magnifying glasses = Any piece of equipment (Flashlight, etc.) – 25 000 000
- Two of one image, one WILD image = Same reward as three images together
- Two random images on the sides, one WILD choice card in the middle = Choice between the two image’s rewards on the sides
- Three BAR images = 100 000 000
- Three MULTIBALL IMAGES = Multiball
- Three questions marks = Elevator Madness
The Roof is the segment of “Tony’s Palace” where the catching of the killer takes place. Once the player picks the correct suspect, the player arrives at the Roof, where they have to shoot the ball up the “taxi chase”. Once that has been accomplished, the player has to shoot the ball into the “phone”, and once that has been done, a four ball mulitball (as opposed to the normal three ball) occurs.
Multiball, Ramp(s), Roulette Wheel, Spinner(s), Cellar Holes, Voice, Drop Targets, Slot Reels